top of page

HB 251 Transfer Requests Due May 3

The deadline for all House Bill 251 transfer requests must be submitted electronically by Monday, May 3. To access the Transfer Request Form click the following link: HB 251 Transfer Request Form.

House Bill 251 is a law that allows parents of K-12 public school students in Georgia the opportunity to enroll their child in designated schools within their local school district in which they now reside the option to request to attend a school outside of their assigned attendance zone. You are eligible to request to have your child transferred to another public school within the Baldwin County School District for the 2021-2022 school year as long as the school has determined that there is available classroom space at the school after all assigned students have been enrolled.

Please note the following terms regarding HB 251:

  • Students who received approval for a transfer request during this current 2020-2021 school year must have a new form submitted online electronically.

  • Siblings of students who were granted transfers for the current 2020-2021 school year or children of BCSD employees will automatically be granted transfers to start the 2021-2022 school year, however, a HB 251 online transfer request form must be submitted by the deadline on Monday, May 3.

  • Please keep in mind that if you choose to transfer your child to another school in the district, both behavior and attendance are determining factors in the request approval consideration. The law also requires the parent/guardian to assume al costs and responsibilities related to the transportation of your child to and from the school as long as your child remains at the school.

For more information regarding HB 251 click the following link: HB 251 Parent Letter.

63 views0 comments
bottom of page